- The fun and festivities of the holiday season have begun. If you are attending a party or evening event and need a safe ride home give Operation Red Nose a call. The service is available every Friday and Saturday in December, as well as New Year's Eve, from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. For a ride home, call 250-372-5110. Funds raised support PacificSport Interior BC. http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/get-home-safe-with-operation-red-nose/
Get home safely with Operation Red Nose | Kamloops This Week
Get home safely with Operation Red NoseBy: Andrea Klassen in Community, Lifestyles15 days ago0527 ViewsOperation Red Nose program coordinator Katie Klassen talks about volunteers during the media launch of the 2013 Operation Red Nose on Thursday, Nov. 14, at Desert Gardens Community Centre. Dave Eag... Link to status update
- Looking for Support Ajax stickers? Stop by our office at 330 Seymour to pick one up, or call the office at 250-374-5446 and we will mail them out.
Mine debate hits the road | City & Region | Kamloops Daily News
The heyday of the bumper sticker -- "Honk if you're horny" or "Mother of an honour student" -- peaked two or three decades ago. Link to status update
- Here's a great article from the president of the Mining Association of BC about why mining folks care about the environment: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/11/18/karina-brino-mining-folks-also-care-about-b-c-s-environment/
Karina Bri˝o: Mining folks also care about B.C.'s environment | The Province
In resource-rich British Columbia, it is not surprising that much of the conversation around economic growth and job creation has surrounded a broader discussion about sustainable resource development. Link to status update
- The Brier is coming to town in March and we are proud to be a Silver Sponsor. To volunteer, purchase tickets or find out more information, please visit their website: http://www.curling.ca/2014brier-en/
Link to status update
- Link to status update
- What is reclamation?
Reclaiming is returning land to back to its former land use and reclaiming it for other uses such as recreational etc. Take a few moments and do this fun quiz and see if you can tell which sites have been reclaimed over the years: http://notyourgrandfathersmining.ca/find-the-mine
Find The Mine Quiz | Not Your Grandfather's Mining Industry
Mining and quarrying is an environmentally-responsible industry that makes temporary use of land, and then reclaims it for other purposes, such as natural space, recreational areas and commercial and residential development. Link to status update
- Have you seen Mining Your Future yet? If not tune in Wednesday evenings at 10:30pm PST to find out more about the diverse career opportunities in the mining industry.
For schedule details visit: http://www.miningyourfuture.com/
Mining Your Future
Mining Your Future, is a TV Mini-Series showcasing the diverse career opportunities in the mineral exploration and mining industry Link to status update
- Congratulations to Mt. Milligan on their grand opening earlier this week. Mt. Milligan is an open pit copper-gold mine 155 km northwest of Prince George. To learn more about their operations please visit their website: http://www.mtmilligan.com/
Mt. Milligan: Copper/Gold Mining Project in North Central British Columbia
The Mount Milligan copper-gold mine is located 155 km northwest of Prince George and mid-way between the communities of Fort St. James and Mackenzie and is on schedule for commissioning in the third quarter of 2013. Read more... Link to status update
- Here's a great article about why mining matters:
Opinion: Why mining matters, now
When you live and work in Metro Vancouver or Greater Victoria, it's easy to ignore the impact of mining, but the British Columbia mining story is exceptional. There is no industry in B.C. right now that has the potential to contribute more to our economy and improve the way of life here than m... Link to status update
- 'Who are you running for?' This Sunday Oct 6th, some of our staff will be participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure at Riverside Park.
Thank you to those of you who have supported our team members in their fundraising efforts. It is not too late to join our team.
Link to status update
The Ajax Project
The Ajax Project is a proposed open-pit copper-gold mine located near and partly within the city limits of Kamloops, British Columbia. The project is currently in the pre-submission phase of a JOINT provincial and federal environmental assessment process.
The Ajax Project is owned by KGHM Ajax Mining Inc., a joint venture between KGHM Polska Mied┼║ S.A. (KGHM SA), which holds an 80 per cent interest, and Abacus Mining and Exploration Corp., which holds 20 per cent. The Ajax Project is operated by KGHM International Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of KGHM SA.